Taiwan is the15th largest economic entity in the world and its economy is dominated by small and medium sized businesses, rather than the large business groups. Effective from August 1, 2008, the amended Immigration Act allows foreign professionals and investors in Taiwan to apply for permanent residency and to extend the greater convenience for Macau & Hong Kong citizens to apply the residency in Taiwan.
- One of the most convenient country in the world;
- Multi-culture environment with the freedom of religion;
- Well known national health system;
- Citizenship by investment;
- Freehold property ownership;
- Travel visa-free to more than 130 counties, including the UK and United States.
Hong Kong or Macau Citizens may apply for temporary residence in Taiwan by making an investment in the Taiwan Area in the amount that is more than NT$6,000,000 either of capital, and has been approved or filed for future reference by the central authorities in charge of the investment.
- For persons who hold permanent Certificates of Identity and passports issued by the governments of Hong Kong SAR or Macau SAR, BNO, or Portuguese passports;
- Spouse and children under 18 years old can apply jointly (both has to be the resident of HK SAR or Macau SAR);
- Health examination;
- No criminal record;
- Guarantor (local resident with a full time job).