Singapore is one of the world's major commercial hubs, with the fourth-biggest financial centre and one of the five busiest ports, and has the third-highest per capita income in the world.
- The greenest city on earth;
- 5 year re-entry permit，free travel in and out of Singapore;
- public housing ownership eligibility;
- bilingual education，children can study in public schools;
- high quality of life, easy regional access, low crime rates, political stability;
- high standards of infrastructure and healthcare, as well as a cosmopolitan lifestyle;
- no residency requirements.
Global Investor Program/GIP
As an investor who is interested to start up a business or invest in Singapore, you may apply for the Singapore Permanent Residence (PR) status through the Global Investor Programme (GIP). Under GIP, there are two investment options:
Option A: Invest at least S$2.5 million in a new business entity or to expand an existing business operation.
Option B: Invest at least S$2.5 million in a GIP fund that invests in Singapore based companies.
Assessment Criteria for GIP application：
- A. You must possess at least 3 years of entrepreneurial and business track record and must produce audited financial statements of your company for the last 3 years;
- B. Your company must only be engaged in one or more of the industries listed in Annex A in the GIP factsheet;
- C. Your company’s turnover must be at least S$50 million in the year immediately preceding your application, and at least S$50 million per annum on average for the three years immediately preceding your application;
- D. You should submit the financial statements of your company with the highest turnover. You may also consolidate your businesses, all of which must only be engaged in one or more of the industries listed in Annex A in the GIP factsheet, to meet the minimum turnover criteria;
- E. If your company is privately-held, you should have at least 30% shareholding in the company. Your role in the company, as well as the growth and profitability of your company would be taken into consideration.