Malaysia is an emerging and diversified economies country. In the 1990's rapid growth made Malaysia became one of the " Four Asian Tigers " countries. Malaysia has become a striking diversity in emerging industrial countries in Asia and emerging market economies in the world. Tourism is Malaysia's third-largest source of earning in foreign exchange. Knowledge-based economy and services industry are also expanding in synchronization.
- Malaysia is located in South-East Asia, in addition to the Circum-Pacific seismic belt. Rich in natural resources, such as oil, gas and minerals;
- Political stability has never experienced any political upheaval for 55 years since independence;
- Internationalization of education as Malaysia is a United Kingdom colony;
- There's no need to give up own nationality and do not required to declare income.
Malaysia My Second Home Programme
The programme is promoted by the Government of Malaysia to allow foreigners who fulfill certain criteria, to stay in Malaysia for as long as possible on a multiple-entry social visit pass. The Social Visit Pass is initially for a period of ten (10) years and is renewable.
- i. Applicants aged below 50 years are required to show proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 300,000;
- ii. Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and offshore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 150,000. For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government approved funds of RM 10,000 per month;
- iii. New applicants who have purchased properties worth at least RM 1 million qualify to place a lower fixed deposit amount upon approval.