Australia is a developed country and one of the wealthiest in the world, with the world's 12th-largest economy. In 2012 Australia had the world's fifth-highest per capita income. With the second-highest human development index globally, Australia ranks highly in many international comparisons of national performance, such as quality of life, health, education, economic freedom, and the protection of civil liberties and political rights.
Australia is rich in natural resources and its tropical rainforests cover approximately 900,000 square hectares and are internationally recognised as being one of the most ecologically fascinating natural areas in the world. The Great Barrier Reef and Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park are also the most famous natural attractions.
- The world’s most liveable city with good healthcare, education, infrastructure and low crime;
- 7 institutions are in the top 100 of the QS World University Rankings;
- Beautiful landscapes, high standard of healthcare, free public education and supported higher education;
- Strong economic growth, low taxes, renowned educational institutions, increasing job opportunities and good social security benefits.
The Significant Investor Visa
The Significant Investor visa has been introduced as a new stream within the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (Subclass 188) visa and the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) (Subclass 888) visa. The purpose of the visa is to provide a boost to the Australian economy and to compete effectively for high net worth individuals seeking investment migration. Migrant investors will be required to invest AUD5million into complying investments for a minimum of four years before being eligible to apply for a permanent visa.
- There is no age limit for this stream and applicants are not required to meet the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s (DIBP) points test;
- Invest no less than AUD 5 million into one or more ‘complying investments’;
- Legitimate sources of funds;
- Holders of this visa can qualify to apply for permanent residency in as little as four years provided they spend no less than 160 days in Australia over this time and maintain their AUD 5 million investment for the same period.