Turkey is a transcontinental country located in Southeastern Europe and Southwestern Asia bordering the Black Sea. Turkey has a strategic location controlling the Turkish Straits that link the Black and Aegean Seas. The capital of Turkey is Ankara where located in the middle of the Anatolian plateau. The population of Turkey is about 85 million people and its official language is Turkish. The weather is a temperate Mediterranean climate with four distinct seasons. During the year, the temperature usually varies between 4 ° C and 29 ° C. Besides, the Turkish passport provides holders with visa-free or entry visa access to more than 110 destinations worldwide, including Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore. In terms of flights, Istanbul can be reached by direct flight from Hong Kong in about 13 hours.
Applicants of Turkish citizenship by investment should obtain one of the following investment options to fulfil the requirement of the programme:
Option 1. Buy real estate worth USD$250,000
The purchase of real estate is the most common type of investment for Turkish citizenship. When the property is purchased, the annotation of the real estate must not be sold for 3 years.
Option 2. Deposit USD$500,000 cash in Turkish local bank
It is possible to become a Turkish citizen by depositing a minimum of USD$500,000 in banks operating in Turkey with a condition not to withdraw for 3 years. And the deposit should be determined by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (BRSA).
Option 3. Buy government bonds worth USD$500,000
Another way to fulfil the requirement of programme is to purchase USD$500,000 public debt instruments with the condition of not selling for 3 years.
Option 4. Buy shares worth USD$500,000 in Turkish REITs or VCTs
Purchasing a real estate investment fund participation share or venture capital investment fund participation shares and to hold these shares for 3 years.
Option 5. Make USD$500,000 fixed-capital investment
The investment of fixed capital of at least USD$500,000 can be made by a Turkish corporate entity that is determined by the Ministry of Industry and Technology.
Option 6. Hire 50 employees
Applicants can hire 50 employees in your company to contribute to the Turkish economy. The determination of such employment by the Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services.
Advantages of Turish citizenship
- The main applicant, spouse and children under 18 years of age can obtain Turkish citizenship at the same time.
- No language requirements, no residency requirements, no funding requirements.
- Obtaining Turkish citizenship within few months.
- The properties can be sold after 3 years.
- Turkish citizenship can apply for a U.S. E 2 visa to enter the United States.
- Turkish citizen can work or do business in the UK with a Turkish business visa. After living in the UK for 5 years, the main applicant and the family can apply for permanent residence in the UK.
- Turkish passport holders can enjoy visa-free access and visa-on arrival access for more than 110 countries and regions, including Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, China, etc.
- Turkey and the EU es are a customs union. Compared with 21 countries / regions which have established free trade with EU countries, Turkey has the youngest population and is one of the most potential real estate investment countries.